Özka Lastik is committed to protecting the environment beyond the legal obligations with the responsibility and sensitivity of leaving the legacy to the next generation, and to providing accident-free, safe and healthy working areas and conditions to the employees involved in all of its activities.
Within this scope, by raising awareness of all stakeholders with whom it interacts in the chain extending from suppliers to customers in the following subjects, it aims to be a strong link in the chain for protecting the environment and providing occupational health and safety by conducting transparent works and sharing them in written and visual ways.
- Effective use of resources,
- Identifying and controlling the elements that may cause environmental pollution and occupational accidents, and preventing these elements through continuous improvement,
- To take necessary measurements to evaluate and minimize the environmental impacts that may arise from the use of products at every stage of the process starting from design,
- Identifying hazards in the work area, planning improvements and implementing them,
- Determining, controlling, using scrap and wastes in recycling of waste and wastes arising from the activities carried out, and legally disposing of non-recyclables,
- To create social awareness and to lead in this subject for the re-evaluation of the products that have expired,
- To be prepared for possible emergencies, to establish and implement control systems to prevent its emergence, to minimize possible damages / impacts in case of emergencies and to define effective communication ways.
Expressing the importance it attaches to the environment in every platform, Özka has made it a principle that product quality is measured not only with respect to customer satisfaction but also in relation to its impact on the environment and it has instilled this awareness to its employees.
In every new product design made by Özka R&D Center, the product quality as well as the environmental impact is evaluated. The chemicals to be used in this context are selected in accordance with the REACH regulation and the new product design is done in a way that minimizes waste during the process. Strong and robust carcass design allows the product to be coated and to be reused multiple times after its original life. Thus, natural resource use is tried to be minimized.
Although there is no legal obligation, it has been ISO 14001 certificated since 2007 and works with the goal of zero waste originating from process (product origin). In line with this objective, it has a waste (rubber) recycling license unlike other tyre manufacturers. Depending on the qualification of this license, rubber scrap produced during the process is re-evaluated in the process. In addition, the waste oils produced by the Özka R&D Center have been re-used in the process.
Özka has also demonstrated its sensitivity with respect to energy, one of the largest natural resources. In 2010, the Company continues its efforts to reduce the emission of approximately 6,000 tons of carbon dioxide through energy efficiency projects initiated with its own resources.
In addition to these voluntary activities, the compliance with the UN Global Compact, which was signed voluntarily in 2006, can be seen in the annual reports.
Özka's efforts to ensure a harmonious coexistence between nature and people will always continue.
Özka Lastik, which makes tire production in accordance with national and international standards, operates in line with below stated targets within frame of Quality Policy which it adopts.
- Adopting total quality management in its own product group to become a leader within the country and to become a worldwide recognized brand,
- To continue to grow by turning earnings into investments,
- Combining the satisfaction, complaints and expectations of Özka Family members consisting of customers, employees, suppliers and shareholders on a common ground and acting together for perfect performance,
- To ensure efficient resource utilization and efficiency in all areas,
- To continuously improve its products and services quality,
- To be an institution that complies with the laws and respects the society and the environment.
In order to ensure that its activities continue with minimum interruption, Özka Tyres;
- Identifies and manages information assets and associated risks,
- Complies with legal and contractual requirements,
- Increases the competencies of the employees and the stakeholders they interact with,
- Follows the innovations to continuously improve the installed system and integrates the possible ones into the system,
- Undertakes that the Company and the stakeholders it interacts with will use the resources effectively in order to protect the information security.