As a leading brand in the sector, Özka Tyres manages its product development processes through its R&D Center.
With its 36 engineers working in the R&D Center certified by the Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology, it provides innovative developments that will take part in global competition in line with national and international quality standards.
The purpose of the research and development activities carried out and realized by Özka R&D Center is divided into 3 main headings:
New Product Development
By taking Global Market Research studies as reference in strategic processes, new product targets to be added to the product portfolio of next year are determined and research, development, and design works are planned and carried out accordingly.
Existing Product Improvement
Taking into account the feedback provided by the related units regarding the usage and process performance of the products, the R&D Center analyzes the notifications made in order to increase the performance of the existing products, to minimize the scrap and return-rates, to provide added value, and to improve the existing products, and it carries out development and design works.
Development of New Technologies and Production Techniques to Reduce Production Costs
R&D Center which follows up new technologies and production techniques with various tools and methods including university, seminar, exhibition, technical collaboration, training, and consultancies, plans and carries out research, development, and design works including machinery design and production with the aim to reduce costs, improve efficiency, and have competitive strength against global competitors in each stage of production processes and mainly in relation to main activities.
The activities carried out within Özka R&D Center are listed below;
- Tyre Design and Development
- Mixture Development
- Special Machine / Equipment Design and Development
- Software Development
- Process Development
- Mold Design
- Prototype Production
- Trial Production
- Test and Laboratory Studies
- Continuous improvement
- Patent Research
- Cost and Feasibility Analysis
Objectives of R&D Center
- To increase the number of R&D projects
- To increase the applications of TUBITAK Projects (1501/1511)
- To increase the projects realized under university-industry cooperation
- To increase the revenue generated from R&D products
- To increase R&D expenditures within the framework of a certain optimization plan
- To increase the total number of researchers
- To increase the number of graduate researchers
- To increase the number of articles / publications
- To increase participation in scientific conferences
- To increase the application of Intellectual Property Rights
- To increase training hours per person for R&D staff
- To increase training budget of R&D personnel
- To increase R&D comprehensive cooperation with external stakeholders
- To increase innovative proposals for R&D projects